Aftermath of the suspension of Comrade Adams Oshiomole, the national chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday by an Abuja High Court, Abuja, a detachment of armed Policemen took over the National Secretariat of the party.
The Police detachment which came in two batches from the FCT Command and Wuse Divisional Police Station in 9 Hilux trucks stormed the party Secretariat at about 5 pm shortly after two court officers served the legal department of the party of the court order.
No sooner the Policemen arrived that they took over and positioned themselves in strategic positions in the Secretariat directing all staff to go back to their offices and visitors to the party office were advised to leave.
Another team of members of the Department of State Service (DSS) were also spotted at strategic positions of the Secretariat.
Sources within the party Secretariat said that security beef up at the Secretariat was to prevent some hoodlums from invading the secretariat following hints that some thugs were to invade the party office over the court order suspending the national chairman.
Addressing newsmen, the acting national Secretary of the party, Chief Victor Giadom confirmed that the party had received the court order and will abide by the decision of the court.
“We have received the court order and as a law abiding party, we shall respect the court order,” Giadom told newsmen.
“As a party we are aware of the court injunction. As a law abiding party we will respect all lawful court orders. Very soon the National Working Committee will meet and you will hear further from the party. I am trying to say that the All Progressives Congress will respect all lawful court orders. We will soon do that”.
On the unusual presence and take over of the party Secretariat, the acting national secrerary said, “here is nothing new about that. There has always been security at the National Secretariat of the party”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff