The news now at Ejes Gist TV is that the officials of State Security Services (SSS) have invaded the private residence of former Chief of Staff to Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Chief Taiwo Akerele.
The security Agents numbering over 25 were said to have stormed Chief Akerele’s home in search of official documents alleged to be in the custody of the former CoS.
The recent development is an indication that things have fallen apart between the Governor and his erstwhile closest staff.
Ejes Gist TV had reported Akerele resigned his position as Chief of Staff Friday night and was replaced with Ethan Uzamere, Saturday night by Obaseki.
It was gathered that the security operatives were said to have arrived at the residence located off 1st Ugbor Road, GRA, in Benin, at about 5 pm in an 18-seater bus and three operational vehicles of Operation Wabaizigan.
The security detail to the Governor had earlier called the Personal Assistant to the former CoS, Jasper Olowojoba, to come and remove Akerele’s personal belongings from his old office.
Olowojoba, who was said to have replied that he would remove the items on Monday, was, however, prevailed upon to come immediately.
Security men attached to the office were said to have allowed him to remove all the belongings, after which they followed him home.
After that, Olowojoba was arrested after using him to search Akerele’s house.
An undisclosed source close to the former Chief of Staff, allegedly told journalists that the whereabouts of Akerele who received visitors in his house earlier in the day remains unknown.
“They called his PA several that he should come and collect Akerele’s personal belongings so that the new Chief of Staff could resume, but Olowojoba said he would go for them on Monday, but he insisted he must go immediately.
He said: “When he went, they allowed him to remove all his belongings, and when they were going with the last consignment, SSS (operatives) went with him to Akerele’s house. They ransacked his house and then went away with his PA, but Akerele’s whereabouts are unknown.”
At the time of filing this report, Akerele nor his assistant could be reached for confirmation, as their mobile phones were switched off and no reply from a text message sent to them.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State