Sallah celebrations in Kwara state turned tragic as four people were reportedly murdered by dense fume from a generator set that had been left running all night.
The tragic tragedy occurred at the Ojomu family compound in Sanmora, Kwara State’s Irepodun local government area.
The victims were said to have travelled from Lagos to celebrate the Sallah festival before the sad occurrence that claimed their lives.
While enjoying the Sallah celebrations with cocktails and pleasure, the victims are said to have left the generator running all night and slept off.
The generator set, which was located near the victims’ room on the veranda, allegedly blew powerful and dense smoke into the room all night while they slept.
As a result, the victims suffocated and died while sleeping.
Their bodies were taken to the morgue at Offa General Hospital.
Two more victims have been transported to the hospital for medical assistance after being knocked out by generator fumes that leaked into their residence.
“We discovered their lifeless bodies this morning,” a reputable source who requested anonymity stated of the gruesome tragedy. The head of the home, his wife, and her companion, as well as a friend of one of his children, travelled from Lagos to celebrate Sallah.
“They turned on the generator and left it running on the balcony late at night while they were still feasting. They did, however, all fall asleep.
“It was one of the compound’s elderly women who wanted to go out and greet them around 7:00 a.m. Wednesday who discovered their bodies and alerted the authorities.
“When the residents came in, two of them were still alive but unconscious. They are in serious condition at the hospital right now, and we have no idea what their status is,” the person stated.
Ajayi Okasanmi, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Kwara State Command, verified the development when contacted.
“Yes, I just dispatched our officers to the location. The storey is true. We will continue to urge people to prioritise safety in all of their actions, including during festivities.
He went on to say, “We condoled with the affected family over this tragic situation.”
Thanks for reading Tears Flow As Generator Fumes Kills Family of Four
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )