Tears Flow As Fire razes shops in Surulere
On Saturday, January 16, an inferno resulting from a suspected power surge destroyed 12 shops in the Ijesha region of Surulere in Lagos.
Mrs. Margaret Adeseye, the Acting Head, Lagos Fire and Rescue Service, made the disclosure while responding to inquiries about the incident, which took place about 6.30 pm.
Today, at about 18:31hrs, a distress call was received from 1, Market Road, Ijesha Street, Surulere. Isolo and Bolade Fire Stations were promptly detailed to rescue the situation and at the incident scene, they completely put out the fire,”A distress call was received from 1, Market Road, Ijesha Street, Surulere, at about 18:31hrs today. Isolo and Bolade Fire Stations were promptly detailed to rescue the situation and they completely put out the fire at the incident scene,”
She further clarified that the firefighters noticed that the 12 shops, which were attached to a residential building, had been badly burned upon arrival at the site.
She urged Lagosians to be vigilant about the use of electrical gadgets and to ensure that trained electrical engineers are involved in repairing faults to avoid such events in the future.
Watch the video below.
# Tears Flow As Fire razes shops in Surulere
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications