Soldiers Beat Taxi Driver To Death In Jos
The Special Task Force, Operation Safe Haven, which is responsible for maintaining peace in Plateau and its environs, has set up a board of inquiry to look into the alleged assassination of Abdullahi Karafa, a taxi driver, in Jos by its personnel.
Maj. Ishaku Takwa, the organization’s media officer, revealed this in a statement issued on Saturday in Jos.
According to the Nigerian News Agency, Karafa, a resident of the Angwan Rimi community in Plateau State’s Jos North Local Government Area, was allegedly beaten to death by soldiers at the Farin Gada axis of the area.
The deceased was accused of breaking the state government’s curfew, which was set at 10 p.m.
According to Takwa, the Task Force Commander, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Ali, visited the family of the deceased and assured them that any soldier found guilty would face the full wrath of the law.
“OPSH was shocked to learn that its personnel stationed in Farin Gada had beaten and murdered Mr. Abdullahi Karafa, a commercial taxi driver.
Our commander went to the deceased’s family right away after receiving the report and consoled them over the tragic incident.
Read Also :Arrest Sheik Gumi to Save Nigeria from Collapsing, Niger Delta Leaders Spitfire, Tag him Bandits’ General Overseer
“The commander has since established a board of inquiry to uncover those responsible for the heinous act,” according to the statement.
According to Takwa, the commander has issued a warning to the task force’s officers and men, stating that anyone caught breaking the law will not be spared.
He assured the public, however, that its personnel would remain professional and operate in accordance with international best practises and rules of engagement.
Following the state’s security challenges, the Plateau government imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew.
Credit : PUNCH
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization