An angry mob has lynched and killed a suspected thief for stealing from a girl and raping her on Christmas Day in Calabar, Cross River State.
The incident, witnesses said happened on Ekong Etta Street by Okoro Agbor Street earlier today.
An eyewitness said the suspected thief was chased by the mob who later beat him to death and dumped his corpse in a waste bin close to an Apostolic Church where the incident happened.
“It was three of them that committed the act, the other two ran away,” a witness who pleaded anonymity said.
“He (the victim) couldn’t run fast, so some people caught up with him, beat him and dumped him in the dustbin close to Apostolic Church.”
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization