Supreme Court Sacks APC Senator
Senator Ararume lost out in his bid to return to the Senate following the dismissal by the Supreme Court on Friday 5 February of the appeal brought against the judgment of the Court of Appeal in Owerri, which reinstated Frank Ibezim as the APC candidate for Imo North Senate by-election.
On 4 December 2020, the Court of Appeal in Owerri dismissed the judgment of the lower Federal High Court, Owerri, which issued the following orders mandating INEC to replace Ibezim with Ararume as an APC candidate.
In a unanimous ruling, the Supreme Court panel presided over by Justice Amina Adamu Augie agreed with the Court of Appeal judgment that the lower court ought not to have made the consequential orders against Ibezim.
By the judgment given on Friday, the Apex court reaffirmed Frank Ibezim as the authentic candidate of the APC in the December 5th 2020 senatorial bye-election held in Imo North.
# Supreme Court Sacks APC Senator
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited