The Nigeria Supreme Court, on Friday, sacked Hon. Sunday Aghedo of the All Progressive Congress, APC, from the Edo State House of Assembly.
Aghedo, who represented Ovia South West constituency, was ordered by the apex court to within 90 days, refund all salaries and allowances he collected from the Edo State House of Assembly from May 2015, till date.
In a unanimous judgment, a five-man panel of Justices of the apex court, declared Mr. Godwin Adenomo also of the APC, as the bonafide winner of the legislative election in Ovia South-West constituency of Edo State House of
Assembly, held on April 11, 2015.
The Supreme Court panel affirmed the judgment of the Court of Appeal in Benin which had earlier declared that Mr. Adenomo was the authentic winner of the primary election APC conducted for the costitutency on December 2, 2014.
Delivering the lead judgment on Friday, Justice Dantijo Mohammed ordered the Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly to immediately swear in Mr. Adenomo as member of the Assembly representing Ovia South West constituency.
The court also awarded N300, 000 cost against the appelant, Hon. Aghedo, who had challenged the decision of the Court of Appeal Benin delivered by Justice Moore Asiemo Adumein.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State