Following the raid on his client’s residence by operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, Chief Yomi Alliyu, the lawyer for Yoruba activist Sunday Igboho, has written to the Federal Government of Nigeria, demanding N500 million.
Ejes Gist reported that DSS operatives raided Igboho’s Ibadan home, killing at least two of his aides and kidnapping his wife and others.
After the incident, several of Igboho’s aides told journalists that the secret police killed five people and stole his N3 million, jewellery, iPhones, and other valuables.
However, in a letter headlined “Illegal gang grossly unconstitutional invasion of Sunday Igboho’s residence,” issued by Yomi Alliyu (SAN) on Saturday, the activist claimed N500 million in compensation for the damage caused by DSS operatives.
The money would be used to replace his client’s exotic cars, which included a Mercedes Benz G-Class and a 2019 Lexus sedan, according to the lawyer.
“We hereby demand that the Federal Government orders an investigation into the actions of the various security operatives led by the DSS who raided Chief Sunday Adeyemo’s house, with a view to sanctioning them and releasing all the innocent people arrested, as well as compensating the families of those murdered,” he added. Our client should also be compensated with N500 million for damage to his exotic cars, which include a Mercedes-Benz G-Class and a 2019 Lexus. A public apology is also required.
“They shot their way into the house, purportedly killing seven people, however a DSS representative confessed killing two individuals, one of them was an old Imam who used to lead Muslim inmates in prayers and observe Tahjud at the time of the horrific raid,” according to the statement. “If you get him, gun him down,” a lady among the invaders is said to have yelled.
Despite the presence of heavily armed security forces, the attack on Igboho’s residence did not deter hundreds of supporters of activists from storming the state on Saturday.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria