Delta State Chapter of All Progressive Congress has mocked the Delta Central Senatorial candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Hon. Evelyn Oboro over alleged threat to her life. This was contained in a Press Release made available to EJESGIST MEDIA, Signed by Godwin Anaughe, the Director, Communications and Strategy Of Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Campaign Organization,
Mr Godwin Anaughe said, "We are not surprised that Oboro has resorted to making spurious allegations to divert attention of the public from the nefarious acts of her supporters. "We are also aware that Oboro’s supporters are stockpiling arms in Uvwie"
The statement thus;
"Our attention has been drawn to a press conference held on January 19, 2019 by the Delta Central Senatorial candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Hon. Evelyn Oboro during which she made some allegations against Distinguished Senator Ovie Omo-Agege.
Ordinarily, we wouldn’t dignify the ridiculous allegations with a response, but for the avoidance of doubt, we want to state categorically that the allegations are false, spurious and baseless.
First, we are not in the business of killing people. We value human life and as a devout Christian, Senator Omo-Agege will never contemplate nor condone such evil act. No such threat was made on behalf of Senator Ovie Omo-Agege by a anyone in our campaign or a proxy at any time on Hon. Evelyn Oboro. We have no reason whatsoever to resort to threats of any sort against Oboro or her supporters. We will win fairly at the polls.
Secondly, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege does not have any say in the internal workings of the Nigerian Police and as such could not have instigated any redeployment of officers in the force if at all any such exercise has taken place. All we expect the police or any security agency to do is to create an enabling environment for all candidates and parties to participate in the elections, and this include but not limited to rooting out those thugs recruited and sponsored by Evelyn Oboroh.
Not only have these thugs continued to destroy our posters and those of President Muhammadu Buhari and threatening the people not to come out and vote on election day if they are not voting for PDP, they actually made an assassination attempt on the life of Ovie Omo-Agege when one of them was arrested with a loaded gun at our campaign event in Ekpan.
Senator Omo-Agege personally reported this case of threat to his life, vandalisation and burning of posters, road dividers and billboards of himself and Mr. President and a case has been lodged against her henchman by name Igho Majemite at Ekpan Police Station.
You recall that sometimes in 2018, while on cash grant to market women in Uvwie, thugs sponsored by Evelyn Oboro attacked the senator. The report of that attempted assassination was made to the Nigerian Police and the State Security Service. We pursued the case but had to drop it following the intervention of the Ovie of Uvwie.
As a consequence of that attack, the Police Command in Delta State on the instructions of the Inspector General of Police decided to provide security for all our political events. This started with CP Zanna Ibrahim and then Muhammad Mustapha and now the current CP Anthony Ogbizi.
We are also aware that Oboro’s supporters are stockpiling arms in Uvwie and those information have been passed to the security agencies and we expect the agencies to act.
We are therefore not surprised that Oboro has resorted to making these spurious allegations to divert attention of the public from the nefarious acts of her supporters.We call on the Police Command to get to the root of this panic call by Hon. Evelyn Oboro.
Finally we wish to make it abundantly clear that it is Oboro’s supporters that are destroying our posters and billboards and threatening the All Progressives Congress, APC supporters not to come out and vote on election day in Uvwie Local Government Area, especially in Ekpan, Ebrumede and Alegbo. But what we will not do is to cry foul or whine as Miss Evelyn Oboro is doing. We have reported these cases of assault on our supporters to the police and we are seeking the arrest and prosecution of those involved. That is what Urhobo people expect of their senator.
Delta Central deserves a strong senator who can stand up for himself and the Urhobo nation and not one who whines. By making these spurious allegation, Oboro has once again demonstrated that she is unfit to represent the fifth largest ethnic nationality in the red chamber of the Nigerian senate.
We are confident that we will comprehensively defeat her on 16th February, 2019, even in Uvwie her local government area and she knows, hence the resort to whining, a move intended to justify her looming defeat at the polls.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Video: Husband , Wife Burnt beyond Recognition
- Job for Project Construction Manager ( Subgrade Earthwork) at China Geo-engineering Company - Nationwide
- Executive House Keeper, Food and Beverage Manager needy at Rovedana Limited
- Sales Supervisor at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited - Onitsha, Edo, Ondo, Ebonyi & Lagos
- Nestle Nigeria Plc Job for Factory Costing Analyst
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 225
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1027
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1512
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 146
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1111
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9