Stanbic IBTC Bank is a number one African banking group targeted on rising markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s monetary system for 150 years, and now spans 16 international locations throughout the African continent.
Standard Bank is a agency believer in technical innovation, to assist us assure distinctive client service and vanguard monetary options. Our rising world success displays our dedication to the most recent options, the best people, and a uniquely versatile and vibrant working tradition. To assist us drive our success into the long run, we’re wanting for resourceful people to affix our devoted staff at our places of work.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
The Job : Procurement Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job ID: 43797
- Legal: Guidance throughout all areas and geographies to make sure: each transaction is appropriately negotiated, documented and carried out, losses arising from litigation are minimised, and authorized points carrying damaging reputational penalties are prevented.
- The Legal Officer reports to the Head, Corporate & Investment Banking Legal
- Working carefully with different Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) Lawyers, the job holder will present authorized, regulatory, reputational and transactional recommendation and help in relation to the Client Coverage, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Transactional Products and providers actions of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC and Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited (collectively “Stanbic IBTC”), with the target of aiding the enterprise leaders of these companies in attaining their enterprise objectives in a way according to sound danger administration.
- Partnering with the CIB embedded Legal groups within the Africa Regions international locations and Johannesburg and the CIB Legal staff Africa Regions to make sure an aligned and constant degree of service to the enterprise.
- Provide authorized help to the client protection, funding banking, world markets and transactional services companies:
- Working carefully with / and supporting the opposite CIB Lawyers, Head, Corporate & Investment Banking Legal and Head, Country Legal Services to supply the client protection, funding banking, world markets and transactional services companies with acceptable authorized help.
- CHECK THIS JOB : Latest Recruitment at Deloitte Nigeria ( 3 Positions )
- Being a trusted, solution-driven authorized advisor and value-added associate to the client protection, funding banking, world markets and transactional services companies by offering well timed, industrial and judgment-based authorized recommendation, enter and oversight. This facilitates knowledgeable, risk-based decision-making by the entrance workplace stakeholders of their actions and seamless coordination and implementation of offers;
- Engaging and dealing carefully with exterior authorized counsel as and when required and making certain their accountability, value effectivity and competitiveness and excellence in experience and repair supply.
- Working carefully with different CIB Lawyers to establish authorized dangers, offering actionable, solution-orientated recommendation to mitigate these dangers, reporting incidents of non-compliance as mandatory and making certain dangers are correctly understood and mitigated;
- Where acceptable, drafting authorized documentation;
- Manage all authorized implementation of transactions.
- Develop and keep robust and lasting relationships with varied stakeholders throughout the organisation:
- Proactively develop and handle robust working relationships with entrance workplace employees and throughout enterprise items.
- Build and keep robust networks of inside purchasers and exterior parties.
- Engaging and dealing collaboratively with deal staff members in cross border and multi jurisdictions to develop a harmonised method to widespread points and insurance policies;
- Gain confidence of credit score and different committees as a trusted authorized adviser.
- Work inside the CIB Legal staff however independently on transactions.
- Build relationships with exterior counsel and different members of the CIB Legal staff.
- Handle troublesome conditions tactfully and diplomatically.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB Law Degree
- BL Degree with at the least 5 years submit qualification expertise with a stable technical grounding in company and industrial legislation, capital markets, banking and finance, company banking, syndicated loans, company finance and derivatives.
- Has sound technical understanding of Nigerian legislation and expertise in company and industrial legislation, capital markets, banking and finance, company banking, capital elevating, syndicated loans, company finance and derivatives and skill to translate and apply this information to optimise the Corporate and Investment Banking relationship.
- Knowledge and consciousness of the authorized and regulatory frameworks in Nigeria governing varied points of company and funding banking;
- Risk Management – Understands and manages strategic and operational danger inside the related authorized agreements, together with understanding and conforming to the related processes and procedures inside Legal (Risk) and all of the CIB areas.
- Competencies required in delivering correct and related outcomes and assessing danger together with consideration to element, supply of correct and related analysis, proactivity and timeous supply of necessities, possession of issues, understanding of affect of non-delivery and sub-standard performance.
- Strong industrial consciousness, analytical talents and problem- fixing abilities adequate to maximise the options out there inside a given regulatory and authorized context;
- Strong communication abilities with the flexibility to successfully apply verbal, nonverbal and written communication strategies to realize desired outcomes utilizing a versatile interpersonal model. Demonstrates a complicated degree of entrance line negotiation abilities and professionalism in coping with others.
- Influential abilities adequate to form the decision-making course of in conditions the place there could also be a pure resistance to the recommendation.
- Strong work ethic
- Financial literacy (fundamental understanding of finance and monetary terminology and ideas)
- Legal Drafting
- Legal information
- Legal compliance
- Financial business regulatory framework
- Written and verbal communication
- Risk consciousness.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Click here to apply online
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization