The Special Presidential Investigation Panel (SPIP) for the Recovery of Public Property has recovered seven million Dollars ($7 million) Or (₦2.1 billion at official rate) illegally kept in Heritage Bank.
Chairman of the panel, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla, disclosed this while briefing President Muhammadu Buhari on activities of the panel.
The panel has also recovered ₦533 million and land worth N1.5 billion, from the “Previous Management” of NEXIM Bank.
The recovered funds and property had since been returned to the bank.
The panel has also recovered and returned to the National Theatre, ₦24 million which was diverted by some directors of the agency.
Also recovered, were 2 hectares of land in Abuja valued at over N2 billion, belonging to the National Council of Arts and Culture.
The panel went on and recovered and returned a part of Agura Hotel belonging to the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA). The recovered part of the hotel had been illegally “annexed by some so-called powerful persons with untouchable connections for over 20 years”.
Other recoveries by the SPIP, according to Obono-Obla, are 19 official Sports Utility Vehicles allegedly made away with by former Commissioners of the National Population Commission after their tenures in office.
He said the panel had charged a former Director in the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing to court for failure to declare his assets. The assets include houses in upscale areas of Abuja, a quarry and a farm within the Federal Capital Territory, for which a court has granted an interim forfeiture order.
The SPIP is also investigating some members of the National Assembly and former governors for a range of alleged offences. These include illegal purchase of designated official residences for principal officers of the National Assembly excluded from the monetisation policy at giveaway prices.
Others are purchase of several properties worth hundreds of millions in various currencies, and flagrant abuse of office thus causing financial adversity to the nation.
Mr. Obono-Obla said the SPIP was partnering with the United Kingdom’s Home Secretary to ensure that some public officers “perceived to have looted public funds and illegally acquired assets both in Nigeria and the UK”, were prevented from entering that country.
The SPIP chairman equally told the President that the panel was beaming its searchlight on several companies for a wide range of alleged offences. Some of the companies, he said, are
Celtel, for alleged tax evasion since 2005;
Western Oil and Gas, for illegally drilling crude oil in Delta, and seven others for alleged failure to pay royalties to the Federal Government in about 10 years.
He said some multinational oil companies based in Egi Kingdom, Rivers, were also being investigated for allegedly conniving with unscrupulous individuals to dodge their obligations to the community to the tune of ₦38 billion and $30 million
Also under investigation by the panel is another company, which has failed to fulfil its contractual agreement to dredge the Calabar Channel, years after receiving $12 million.
The panel has also compiled a list of over 200 past and serving public officers perceived to have illegally enriched themselves at the expense of the nation and the Nigerian people, among others,” Obono-Obla said in the briefing.
Pres. Buhari, assured the panel of his continued support and non-interference in line with his administration’s stance on the anti-corruption fight.
Obono-Obla said the panel would remain committed to its mandate, in addition to complementing the Federal Government’s fight against corruption.
He solicited the continued support of Nigerians to the panel with useful information that would lead to the recovery of looted public assets.
Dangote Petroleum Refinery Recruitment 2018/2019
Don't miss :
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the panel was inaugurated by the then Acting President Acting President Yemi Osinbajo in August 2017. (NAN)
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Fani-Kayode laments, Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder
- Osas Ighodaro finally removes her hubby's surname 'Ajibade' from her Instagram page (Photos)
- 4 killed as gunmen open fire on mourners in Benue
- Linda Osifo celebrates 6th year of leaving Canada to pursue an acting career in Nigeria
- Waiter shot dead for being âtoo slowâ
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 10
- ABUJA FCT 34
- Adamawa State 15
- Akwa Ibom State 13
- Anambra State 10
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 8
- Bayelsa State 9
- Benue State 7
- Borno State 15
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 8
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 12
- Delta State 11
- Ebonyi State 10
- Edo State 14
- Ekiti State 10
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 224
- Enugu State 8
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 1
- Full time jobs 1019
- Gombe State 9
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 8
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 7
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1503
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 126
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 92
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 136
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 290
- Jos 6
- Kaduna State 13
- Kano State 9
- Katsina State 8
- Kebbi State 7
- Kogi State 9
- Kwara State 10
- Lagos State 140
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 7
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1102
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 14
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 9
- Osun State 9
- Oyo State 12
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 6
- Rivers State 25
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 7
- Taraba State 8
- Yobe State 8
- Zamfara State 7