Sowore, in a Facebook post, said that Kanu had done nothing to cause his arrest.
“FreeKanu now! Asking for self determination is not a crime!”, he wrote.
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS).
This followed his arraignment on Tuesday before Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja.
The judge adjourned until July 26 for continuation of trial.
Kanu, who faces treason charges, was arrested outside the shores of the country and flown back to Nigeria.
The secessionist jumped the bail he was granted in 2017 and had remained elusive.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies