An unidentified gunman has shot dead a Nigerian, Lawrence Ozumba, in Mpumalanga, South Africa. The assailant was said to have made his way into Ozumba’s compound on July 6 and requested to see him after which he shot him six times resulting in his death. The Consulate General, Nigeria High Commission in South Africa condemned the incident and asked South African authorities to unravel the mystery behind the dastardly act.
The Vice-Consul, Information and Culture at the Embassy, David Abraham, said in a statement on Sunday that efforts should be made by the police and other relevant agencies to apprehend the assailant and bring him to justice. He called on Nigerians in South Africa to cooperate with the police and judicial officers in their investigation and prosecution.
The consulate commiserated with the deceased’s family and the Nigerian community in South Africa and promised to continue to advance the welfare and security of Nigerians in the country. “We, therefore, call on all our nationals to remain calm and eschew violence, as we seek to obtain justice for the deceased and members of his family,” the mission said.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out