Members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, clashed with security agents at the Gwarinpa gate near Galadimawa in Abuja on Tuesday, resulting in the deaths of approximately six people.
The IMN members also known as ‘Shiites ‘were about to round off their Arbaeen Symbolic Trek when joint security agents opened fire on them.
Read Also: Many Dead as Explosion rocks rivers (photos)
Two Shiite members were shot and killed by security operatives in the vicinity of a new generation bank on 3rd Avenue in Gwarimpa Estate, Abuja, according to information obtained by EJES GIST NIGERIA.
The incident threw the trekkers into disarray as they scrambled for safety. Abdullahi Musa, Secretary of the Academic Forum of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, has since confirmed this.
“They’re just taking people out with their guns.” Six people have been killed in the time that I am speaking with you. According to him, they even carried some dead bodies away.
Read Also : Breaking: Popular Supreme Court Judge is Dead
Members of the sect came out in the early hours of Tuesday morning to mark the fortieth anniversary of the murder of Imam Hussein, the grandson of Prophet Muhammad, in a procession that began the previous day.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers