Pastor Tunde Bakare
Pastor Tunde Bakare of Citadel Global Community Church has given his two cents about the regulation of social media in the country.
Bakare said that there has to be balances so as to prevent fake news.
He gave an instance of how fake pictures were used to fooled the public during the EndSARS protests.
In a recent interview with Vanguard Newspaper, the cleric said: “There is no free freedom anywhere in the world. There must be freedom with boundaries.
“I am not saying curtail them or we can’t use social media in Nigeria, but there is no nation where there are no balances. Look at the picture of a drama that was staged somewhere else that was used to say soldiers have killed protesters.
“Those things can create troubles. But we cannot be draconian. We are not going back to Decree 4. We must do things decently and orderly, listen to the people and formulate laws that will be beneficial to all of us.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance