Abubakar Ibrahim, 72-year-old man, of Kabala West, Kaduna, on Tuesday, dragged his future in-law to a Sharia Court ll, sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, seeking refund of N95,000 in bride price.
According to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Ibrahim told the court that he paid N95,000 to his prospective in-law, Muhammad Lawal, and two years later, no date has been fixed for the wedding.
âWe are no longer interested in the marriage. I want the court to help me recover my money. He has been promising to pay back my money, but failed to do so.
âWe entered into an agreement on April 17, which he signed, promising to pay back the money but he failed.
âHe has two cars, he should sell one and pay me my money,â Ibrahim said.
The defendant, Lawal, a district head, who resides at 065 Warri Street, Kaduna, acknowledged that he owed the money paid as bride price for his daughter Ramatu.
Lawal, however, denied having any car or any movable asset which he can sell to repay the complaint.
After listening to the parties, the judge, Murtala Nasir adjourned the case until July 16 for ruling.
Nasir ordered the complainant to carry out further investigation into whether the defendant owns any movable property.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOUÂ Â
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment â3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment atÂ OyoÂ state civil service commissionÂ
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE :Â No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]