The Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, has urged the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) to investigate and prosecute directors that led to the collapse of the defunct Skye bank.
The minister said this in a statement by the Head, Communication and Public Affairs of the NDIC, Mr Mohammed Ibrahim, on Friday in Abuja. According to the statement, Ahmed made the call when she visited the Management of NDIC, led by its Managing Director and Chief Executive, Alhaji Umaru Ibrahim in Abuja.
The minister urged the CBN to prosecute all other executive management that contributed to the collapse of other Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) in the country.
The minister expressed concern about the spate of non-performing loans in the banking industry.
She said the bail-out of distressed financial institutions was necessary in the interest of the stability of the banking system.
She also emphasised the need for investigation and prosecution of delinquent Board Directors and Executive management of financial intuitions who abused the trust placed on them by depositors.
She urged the CBN and the NDIC to use the recent failure of the defunct Skye Bank Plc as an opportunity to deal with those found culpable in the course of the investigations.
According to the minister, this will deter other operators as the Federal Government will not treat such serious infractions with levity. The minister commended the NDIC for the thoroughness of its bank examination reports which was acknowledged in the banking system.
She also expressed appreciation to the Corporation for the prompt payment of its contribution under the Fiscal Responsibility Act.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State