The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB)-ordered sit-at-home exercise resulted in heavy deaths in Enugu State, with three police officers reportedly slain on Monday.
ALSO READ:Two IPOB Members Shot Dead in Ebonyi
It was unclear whether the officers were shot by gunmen or died in a car accident.
They were, however, believed to have been assassinated in separate locations of the state capital.
One police officer was slain at CBN along Okpara Avenue, and two others were slain in the Mgbeme area of Coal Camp, according to sources in Enugu North.
“I observed a blue police patrol van stopped alongside CBN along Okpara Avenue,” one of the sources claimed. A mobile police officer lay beside it in a pool of his own blood. I’m not sure what happened, but the body was still on the ground.”
Despite the lack of information surrounding the police officers’ deaths, the State Police Command was unable to confirm the events.
When approached over the phone, the Command’s spokesman, Daniel Ndukwe, declined to comment.
Around 12:24 p.m., he sent a text message that said, “I need to verify that first, please.”
He did not, however, return my call as promised.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021