A 38-year-old man, Mr Simon Emeka who allegedly r*ped his 7-months old daughter is cooling off at the Nigeria Correctional Service on the orders of a Makurdi Magistrate, Mr Isaac Ajim, The Nation reports.
The remand of the accused followed his arraignment over the alleged crime committed last Monday.
Prosecutor, Sergeant Friday Kanshio informed the court that the matter was reported to the police by one Josephine Habba who said she heard of the sad incident when she went to Jestic Hospital with her child for treatment and saw one, Mrs Favour Emeka crying before a nurse that her baby was r*ped by her husband.
The prosecutor however said investigation was yet to be completed, while the accused denied the charge against him.
The trial magistrate, Ajim rejected bail for the accused due to the nature of the allegation and adjourned the case to the 31st of August for further mention.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022