The death of an eight-year-old boy, Abdullahi Usaini, has been confirmed by the Kano State Fire Service.
The boy died inside in a well at Nariya village in Kibiya Local Government Area of the state.
Alhaji Saidu Muhammed, Public Relations Officer of the Service, announced this in a statement on Tuesday in Kano.
Muhammed said that the Service received distressed call on the incident on Monday at about 7:00 p.m.
“We received a distress call from Kibiya Division at about 07:47 p.m.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent rescue team to the scene and exhumed the body from the well.
“The corpse was handed over to the Ward Head of Nariya, Malam Adamu Nariya,” he said, adding that the cause of the incident is under investigation.
Meanwhile, the Service confirmed that a motorcyclist, Muhammad Abdullahi, 22, died in a road accident on State Road in Kano metropolis.
Muhammed disclosed that the accident occurred on Oct. 26, when a motorcycle with registration number: KMC 813 VA collided with a car with registration number: ABM 405 AA.
“We received a distress call at about 10:00 p.m. through Malam Jika Yahuza.
“Our team rescued one person from the scene of the accident to the Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital, Kano.”
The statement added that medical personnel at the hospital confirmed the accident victim dead.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health