MBC have called for Shettima’s resignation
As the 2023 election draws near, the Middle-Belt Congress (MBC) has requested that Bola Tinubu’s running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima of the All Progressives Congress (APC), resign in order to “save the party from perceived impending electoral misfortune.”
This demand was made by the MBC leader, Bilal Abdullahi, during a press conference on Wednesday in Abuja.
MBC declared its opposition on the Muslim-Muslim APC ticket.
According to Abdullahi, “The Muslim-Muslim ticket of the APC comes with its attendant political baggage.”
“The APC should go back and reconsider how it assembled its presidential ticket if the party hopes to have any real impact on the 2023 presidential elections.
“Given that Senator Kashim Shettima’s recent behaviour does not suggest that he is a religiously tolerant person, we are forced to suspect that his self-confession to the Christian community may be a ruse.
It is still true that the APC has devolved into a riotous organisation as a result of Senator Kashim Shettima’s nomination, with various stakeholders abhorring the selection of a Northern Muslim over competent and respectable Northern Christians.
That is the latest Naija News Today on MBC calls for Shettima’s resignation
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines