Senator Kashim Shettima, the running mate of the presidential candidate Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the 2023 general election, has stated that, in contrast to what critics are speculating, Tinubu has no plans to Islamize Nigeria.
Shettima, a two-term former governor of Borno State, reportedly made this statement on Friday while hosting members of the APC Professionals’ Forum at his Abuja home.
Shettima remarked, “Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; certainly, his running companion may be a Muslim, but his life mate for more than 40 years is not just a Christian, but a minister at the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
He did not make his own children adhere to his own brand of Islam. He has trained individuals from all walks of life and was the first governor to turn over mission schools to the proprietors.
Recommended Naija News
- Presidency is Tough, Am Eager to Go Now – Buhari
- Funke Akindele Announced as Lagos PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate
- ASUU strike: Enough is enough, call off now – Buhari Orders Lecturers
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Endorsing Tinubu
- Kenneth Okonkwo resigns from APC over Muslim-Muslim ticket (See Details)
“I believe it is important to consider the big picture.”
That is the latest Naija News today on Shettima speaks on Tinubu ‘Islamizing’ Nigeria
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022