Ejes Gist Media can Authoritatively report that the Former Governors of Borno state, Ali Modu-Sheriff was spotted on Thursday at the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Abuja.
Sheriff, who came in without notice at about 4.15 pm, refused to disclose the reason for his visit and left at about 4:30 pm having met with one of the members of the Mai Mala Buni-led Caretaker/Extraordinary National Convention Planning Committee.
The former Borno governor was a founding member of the APC but had ditched the party for the Peoples Democratic Party PDP and went on to emerge as its acting National Chairman before his eventual ouster by the courts and consequent return to the APC.
Meanwhile, a chieftain of the party, Amb. Dagogo Fubara, who is positioning himself to become the National Youth Leader of the party said it would be in great to have a northern APC Chairman to make power shift easier in 2023.
“This will put paid to speculations that the North is keen on holding on to the Presidency. If the North produces the National chairman of the party who will most likely be there for four years, it means the South will naturally produce our presidential candidate which is good for the party”. he said.
There are speculations that the party is seeking to produce a northerner as chairman in its upcoming national convention ahead of the 2023 General Elections. It will be recalled that the party was embroiled in a severe crisis last month after its national chairman, Adams Oshiomole was suspended by a court of appeal in Abuja.
This broke the party into factions before a National Executive Council meeting was organized in Aso-rock and chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari. The party resolved at the meeting to dissolve its national Working Committee in order to establish peace and internal party discipline.
A caretaker committee led by Yobe state governor, Mai Mala Buni was set up in order to strengthen reconciliation and organize a convention where new members of the NWC will be elected.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]