The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Ninth annual SPDC JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for candidates from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The goal of the scholarship programme is to supply postgraduate examine alternative in programs which are related to the oil and gasoline business, for qualifying college students from these Niger Delta states
In the eight years of this programme, 79 college students have gained the chance to check at top-rated universities within the UK on full scholarship
For the tutorial year commencing September 2019, SPDC in partnership with three universities within the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. research.
The following programs qualify for award of scholarships on the three establishments:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering
MSc Petroleum Geoscience
|University of Abeerdeen||MSc Geophysics
MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration Geophysics
MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
To qualify for the scholarship, candidates should
- show sound mental potential and management potential.
- meet the person college’s English Language necessities (normally not less than 6.5 in IELTS rating legitimate for Sept. 2018 admission). Please word that TOEFL is now not recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are suggested that failure to satisfy every college’s English Language requirement on the time of choice could invalidate their application.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will probably be required and will probably be verified).
- presently reside in Nigeria.
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of examine.
- have obtained a college degree (not less than of equal normal to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- not have studied beforehand within the UK or another developed nation
- have a Nigerian worldwide passport legitimate until December 2020
- be neither a present nor former worker (who has left employment lower than 5 years earlier than) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell firm or the native Nigerian advisor
- not be a partner, little one or ward of employees of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the native Nigerian advisor
- Submit application for admission to any of the taking part universities for any of the qualifying programs.
- Application varieties for the scholarship will ONLY be out there via the web sites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a proper provide of admission by the college.
- The universities will course of functions and choose candidates to attend interviews earlier than being thought of for remaining choice.
- Completed scholarship application varieties should attain taking part universities and the native Nigerian advisor not later than June 15, 2019.
The scholarship will cowl tuition, one financial system return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution in direction of dwelling bills solely*.
More data on particular course admission necessities will be obtained from the web sites of the three particular person universities.
- *Please word that the stipends (dwelling bills) are based mostly on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) revealed dwelling charges and are restricted to this solely.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell firm is obligated to supply employment of any kind to any candidate upon commencement, neither are profitable candidates bonded to SPDC for any interval of time on account of the scholarship award.
CHECK THIS ALSO: Courierplus Services Limited Recruitment for Cash Sales Executive
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]