Sheik Gumi Revealed the Identify of Abductors of Greenfield University Students.
He urged Federal Government to Pay Ransom
Sheik Gumi, an Islamic cleric, claims that Boko Haram, not robbers, abducted students from Greenfield University in Kaduna.
READ ALSO : Three Cattle Breeders Abducted In Ibarapa
On April 18, the students were kidnapped.
Armed men stormed the classroom, taking 22 students and a teacher hostage. The gunmen assassinated five of the students.
There are concerns that more people will be killed. Over the weekend, one of the abductors gave an interview to the Voice of America’s Hausa Service, in which he threatened to kill other students if the ransom for their release was not paid. Here’s where you can learn more.
Sheik Gumi said Boko Haram members were behind the kidnapping in an interview with AIT today, May 4. When asked if he named Boko Haram as the perpetrators of the kidnapping, Sheik Gumi said yes.
“Yes, because when we tried to track them down and reason with them, they threatened our contact, who is also a Normadic Fulani.” They threatened to capture him if he insisted on staying with them, and that he would have to pay a ransom to get out.
HOT : Bandits Threaten To Kill Remaining 17 Greenfield Students if N100m is not paid Before Tuesday, After collecting 50m Ransom
And the chief hails from the city of Jalingo. He is an Adamawa native. He’s not the kind of Fulani we have around here. As a result, a North-Eastern element is approaching this area, and we must act quickly. The luxury of time is not available to us.
I’ve tried to talk with government officials, but no one seems interested in listening to or conversing with me about this topic.
We’re attempting to appease and remove the bandits, and they’re retaliating.”
Sheik Gumi reacted angrily to the Kaduna state government’s decision not to negotiate with bandits.
“Five souls were slaughtered.” What is the reason for this? What amount of money is too much for us to save the lives of those five students, what amount of money is too much for us to save their lives? Second, we should give them the money to get the boys out of harm’s way before going after our money. Nobody is telling you shouldn’t look for them…you’ll be able to recover the two.
I don’t understand why you won’t compromise with them and still won’t take action against them.”
Watch Video Here
Pay Attention To:
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021