A woman who was convicted in the United States has turned her life around and is now contesting for congress in Tennesse.
Her story is a touching one, but 42-year-old, Keeda Haynes has learnt from her past and now wants to be the first black woman in the state for the position.
According to Black Detour, the primary election will be taking place on Thursday, August 6. She will be contesting against Jim Cooper who has held the seat for 17 years.
Forty-two-year-old Haynes believes she is the change that the district needs. It should be noted that she started serving her prison term when Cooper was elected in 2013.
The black woman spent three years and 10 months in jail for a felony charge that was connected to marijuana.
After jail term, she bagged a law degree and afterward got more than six years of experience as a public defender in Nashville. She said that her experience defending people is part of what has made her a better fit for the seat.
Haynes’ problem with the law was said to have been caused by an older man she was dating when she was 19 years. The man asked her to receive a package that ended containing marijuana.
Though she was cleared of six charges, she however could not escape aiding and abetting the sale of marijuana.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International