Ejesgist Media learnt, Dr Abiola Akinyode-Afolabi, the defence counsel for Miss Monica Osagie, the alleged victim in the sex-for-marks scandal at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, said on Tuesday that her client affirmed before an investigative panel that Prof. Richard Akindele deliberately failed her because she refused his sexual demand.
According to News Agency of Nigeria, Osagie had appeared before the committee set up by the institution’s authorities in company with her counsel.
Osagie, a postgraduate student in the Masters of Business programme, had released a recorded telephone conversation, which went viral, in which the lecturer identified as Akindele, allegedly demanded sex for marks.
The committee, which held its session at the Pro -Chancellor’s Lodge on the campus, allowed only Osagie and her counsel into the venue.
Journalists, students and some members of the National Human Right Commission who came to witness the sitting were not allowed into the venue by security personnel of the institution who manned the entrance.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria