It was a bloodbath within the Nigerian Police Force.
Police in Bayelsa and Delta were in confusion following the deaths of seven Policemen in Ughelli, Delta State, who were alleged to be armed robbers.
According to the NATION a Police sergeant attached to the Bayelsa State command’s armoury was also apprehended and transferred to Police headquarters, Abuja for allegedly supplying guns to the Police robbery suspects.
The seven policemen were reportedly gun dead during a shootout with the operatives of the Delta State Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
Police Source affirmed the incident, saying it happened on the night of Wednesday, last week.
“The reported killing of the seven Policemen in the shootout in Delta State is causing uproar at the command,” the source said.
“They were reported to have been engaging in armed robbery when they engaged the Delta Special Anti-robbery Squad in a shootout. They were all killed.”
The Commissioner of Police, Delta State, Hafiz Inuwa, said he was not aware of the development.
Another source from the Bayelsa police command, who doesn’t want his name to mentioned, affirmed the incident, saying the incident was true and happened in Ughelli.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers