An anti-corruption group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, has sued the National Youth Service Corps and its Director-General, Brig. Gen. Sule Kazaure, over the Corps’ failure to respond to the allegation that the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, forged an NYSC Exemption Certificate. In a lawsuit marked FHC/L/CS/1369/18, filed before the Federal High Court in Lagos, SERAP is seeking an order of mandamus against the NYSC and its DG.
The group is urging the court to declare that Kazaure and the NYSC’s failure to provide information and relevant documents on Adeosun’s true status was unlawful and amounted to a breach of the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2011.
The group is praying the court to compel the NYSC to immediately supply it with “specific documents and information on Mrs. Kemi Adeosun’s application for the National Youth Service Corps’ Exemption Certificate and to publish widely, including on a dedicated and on the NYSC website, any such information.”
Support Ejesgist Media by Sharing this article to your love ones
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited