Catholic Relief Services is the official worldwide humanitarian company of the Catholic group within the United States. CRS works to avoid wasting, defend, and remodel lives in want in additional than 100 international locations, with out regard to race, faith or nationality. CRS’ reduction and improvement work is completed via packages of emergency response, HIV, well being, agriculture, schooling, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist – Pediatrics HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment
Ref Id: 200000OE
Primary Location: CARO-Nigeria-Lagos
Job: Program Management
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- FASTER (Faith-based Action for Scaling up Testing and Treatment for the Epidemic Response) undertaking is designed as a brand new part of the worldwide FOCUS (Faith-based Organization Capacity Strengthening for Universal HIV Services) undertaking.
- Funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), FOCUS was developed with the intent of constructing PEPFAR Implementing companions and FBO community capability, aiding FBOs to contribute to HIV multi-sector planning for expanded service supply, and documenting profitable approaches.
- Led by CRS, FOCUS builds understanding of how one can leverage the faith-based group’s contributions at sub-national and nationwide ranges, reinforcing mutual accountability and country-driven management.
- FASTER takes FOCUS’ aims to the subsequent stage by creating an enabling atmosphere in Nigeria the place authorities, civil society, the personal sector, and FBOs can speed up normative pediatric and adolescents’ HIV case discovering, testing, linkage to care and therapy, and adherence help by strengthening and streamlining joint coordination and provision of pediatric HIV service supply.
- The Senior Technical Specialist – HIV Care & Treatment will present technical coordination and for high quality assurance for the FASTER Nigeria pediatric and adolescents HIV Care and Treatment methods and be certain that FASTER adheres to nationwide and worldwide proof based mostly technical help methods for Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment Programs.
- The Senior Technical Specialist – HIV Care & Treatment will facilitate technical collaboration between FASTER undertaking HIV Care and Treatment workforce and HIV technical groups of Government coordinating constructions and PEPFAR HIV Care and Treatment Implementing companions.
- S/he’ll oversee the Pediatric and adolescents’ HIV technical methods of FASTER alongside the precedence actions offering technical management and trainings for implementing and monitoring undertaking deliverables and outcomes and guarantee undertaking outputs are offered as per the agreed work plan.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
Program Quality and Technical Coordination:
- Project focus for methods in direction of strengthening State Coordination platforms for efficient pediatric and adolescents’ HIV service supply to enhance Pediatric case identification, bridge Pediatric enrollment gaps and enhance variety of CLHIV on therapy.
- Support State authorities and PERFARs efforts to scale up using optimum ARV regimens in kids and adolescents
- Strengthen energetic collaboration with OVC companions together with their involvement in case discovering efforts utilizing HIV danger screening instruments and linkage to HTS
- Support Implementing companions to conduct pediatric and adolescent ART-specific supportive supervision, mentorship or teaching visits to intently monitor implementation, optimization and transition of eligible kids and adolescents to TLD.
- Strengthen/Establish system to help MMD & MSD for youngsters and adolescents on ART
- Support the coaching and capability constructing of HCWs and Caregivers on age-appropriate HIV standing disclosure amongst kids and adolescents dwelling with HIV Support the coaching/capability constructing of HCWs on how one can ship Enhanced Adherence Counselling (EAC) to kids and adolescents with unsuppressed VL
- Support the event of efficient methods for linkage to care and therapy of youngsters dwelling with HIV.
- Support the event and speedy analysis of higher screening instruments to strategically determine kids and adolescents in want of HIV testing.
- Support the roll – out of Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) fashions to enhance ART uptake and therapy retention amongst kids and adolescents in Faith – based mostly and Non – Faith based mostly settings.
- Support the scale-up of OTZ initiatives throughout Comprehensive Care and Treatment (CCT) websites throughout the catchment zone.
- Support the event of SOPs, job aids and tips on pediatric and adolescents ART for presidency and faith-based establishments
- Champion methods to strengthen inter/intra-facility linkages in direction of improved well being programs for pediatric ART with give attention to service supply, optimize well being workforce (together with tips/ SOPs on process shifting), procurement/provide chain administration of important medicines and well being
- Support revolutionary strategy to creating demand for elevated uptake of Pediatric and adolescent HIV providers
- Provide oversight to make sure the achievement of FASTER undertaking Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment aims within the varied implementing states throughout the catchment zone.
- Support capability constructing of HIV service suppliers to help adolescent pleasant providers and generate belief.
Representation & Learning:
- In session with the Technical Advisor HIV Care and Treatment, characterize the FASTER Project on related state stage technical boards and authorities engagement as required.
- Ensure mandatory technical help and coaching is offered to companions to develop capability to implement HIV/AIDS help actions as per the undertaking requirement.
- Provide excessive stage technical help for program innovation and studying; foster common discussions with key stakeholders as acceptable; to facilitate cross sector studying on Pediatric HIV, OVC and adolescent packages.
- Support the FASTER undertaking to develop success tales and revolutionary that work in Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Technical Advisor HIV Care and Treatment, FASTER undertaking Zonal Coordinator, Senior Technical Specialist Gender and Adolescents Program, Senior Technical Specialist MEAL and Nigeria FASTER Project Team
- External:SASCP, SACA, HIV and OVC Program Implementing Partners
Requirements / Qualifications
- A major Medical qualification (MBBS) plus a Master’s degree in Public Health or its equal
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded complete HIV and OVC initiatives.
- Strong background in program implementation; expertise in supervising and offering technical help for roll-out of evidence-based HIV and OVC programming methods.
- Minimum 5 years of expertise in HIV/AIDS programming
- Minimum 3 years’ expertise in undertaking administration positions with progressive technical and administration duties.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with potential to make sound judgment and choices and supply revolutionary options
- Strong relations administration talents. Ability to narrate to people at all ranges internally and externally. Strategic in the way you strategy every relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation abilities
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Excellent Written & Spoken English
- Must be prepared and in a position to journey as much as 50%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with the National HIV Care and Treatment tips (Pediatric & Adult) and expertise working with the Ministry of Health and different related entities.
- Ability to work each in a workforce and independently and skill to switch data via formal and casual coaching
- Strong communications and presentation abilities; in a position to develop tailor-made and persuasive messaging for diverse audiences.
- Experience managing groups and constructing partnerships in complicated conditions
- Proven management qualities, depth and breadth of technical experience and expertise, and robust interpersonal abilities.
- Technical expertise with programming to handle cross-gender points and considerations amongst kids and adolescents is extremely required.
- Strong strategic, analytical, programs pondering, and problem-solving abilities, with capability to see the large image and skill to make sound judgment and choices.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted within the mission, values, and guiding ideas of CRS and utilized by every employees member to satisfy his or her duties and obtain the specified outcomes:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
What We Offer
CRS affords a complete advantages bundle together with medical, dental, life insurance coverage, imaginative and prescient, beneficiant retirement financial savings plan and the chance to work in a collaborative, mission-driven tradition that’s dedicated to enhancing the lives of the poor all through the world.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
- Our Catholic identification is at the center of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the dedication of the Bishops of the United States to help the poor and weak abroad. We welcome as part of our employees people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our dedication to serving these in want. CRS’ processes and insurance policies replicate our dedication to defending kids and weak adults from abuse and exploitation.
- The above job description is just not an exhaustive record of the ability, effort, duties, and duties related to the place.
- CRS’ expertise acquisition procedures replicate our dedication to defending kids and weak adults from abuse and exploitation.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
- Nigerians Nationals Only
Application Deadline twenty ninth November, 2020.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]