The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian community and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Senior Security Officer
Vacancy No: IFRC04633
Duty station standing: N/A
Accompanied standing: N/A
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not relevant
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As half of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven elementary rules; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a community of 192-member National Societies. The general purpose of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to satisfy the wants and enhance the lives of susceptible people earlier than, throughout and after disasters, well being emergencies and different crises. The IFRC is an element of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), along with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The work of the IFRC is guided by the next elementary rules: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three important Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services. The IFRC has 5 regional workplaces in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC additionally has nation cluster delegation and nation delegations all through the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the sector construction (regional, cluster and nation) comprise the IFRC Secretariat. The Abuja primarily based workplace is the hub to assist West Coast Cluster and has a standing settlement with Nigerian authorities. The place may also assist the Regional Security Coordinator primarily based in Nairobi in everyday strategic and operational security administration.
- Support the Head of Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) Abuja, additionally known as West Coast cluster, within the coordination of security threat administration throughout its space of duty (Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire and Liberia), to allow enterprise operations while defending all IFRC personnel, property, and operations.
- Maintain shut technical reporting line with the Regional Security Coordinator and Senior Security Officer on all operational, security administration issues and act as an integral half of the Regional Security Unit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Analysis and Planning:
- Carry out security threat assessments, together with discipline security assessments.
- Support within the improvement of threat administration measures.
- Predictive analytical abilities developed and applied for incident prevention.
- Carry out direct engagement in growing nation security Rules and Regulations with Contingency Plans
- Advise on Minimum Security Requirements course of and affiliated issues for the Cluster
- Carry out geo-political and socio-economic evaluation for the Head of Cluster.
- Support IFRC enterprise continuity planning throughout main occasions (e.g. nationwide elections, COVID-19 Pandemic conditions).
Incident and Emergency Response:
- Evaluate and document IFRC security incidents and determine incident/menace/threat patters or developments.
- Maintain tight management over IFRC employees adjusting measures because the working atmosphere dictates.
- Respond 24/7 to IFRC or RCRC-related security incidents/emergencies/crises to safeguard personnel, property, and operations.
- Ensure any inner/exterior security related-incident or emergency is straight away and adequately reported to the Head of Cluster/ Security Coordinator/Regional Security Unit/Regional Director.
- Maintain tight motion management energetic and passive measures to minimise the likelihood of undesirable occasions taking place.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Compliance:
- Monitor and consider IFRC’s Minimum Security Requirement (MSR) compliance within the West Coast cluster and assist the Head of Country Cluster within the improvement of MSRs.
- Monitor and consider compliance with necessary IFRC security & security trainings (e.g. e-learning applications).
Training and Development:
- Brief IFRC and different RCRC personnel or guests/friends in issues of security threat administration, together with however not restricted to arrival briefings, occasion briefings, particular mission briefings, and VIP briefings.
- Conduct emergency drills, together with however not restricted to constructing evacuations.
- Support within the provision of security and security trainings to IFRC or different RCRC personnel.
Liaison and Coordination:
- Liaise and coordinate with native RC societies and different RCRC nationwide societies in issues of security threat administration in West Coast sub-region.
- Liaise and coordinate with related security our bodies within the ICRC, United Nations, and worldwide NGOs in West Coast sub-region.
- Liaise with related authorities authorities, e.g. army, police, and intelligence companies, in West Coast sub-region.
- Supervise and be sure that contracted guard drive undertakes its duties as per necessities on a 24/7 foundation.
- Liaise and coordinate with contract guards drive supplier to make sure full compliance as per established service supplier contract.
- Train security guards in relation to IFRC put up orders, customary working procedures, and emergency procedures.
- A related University Degree BA, BSc, LLB in Defence research, Security and security, Social Work or associated discipline of research
- Successfully accomplished the Stay Safe e-learning programs (primary and managers, corruption prevention on-line trainings)
- Working expertise in a humanitarian organisation
- First-hand expertise with IFRC security administration system
- Humanitarian security administration expertise of not lower than 5 years
- Leadership and employees coaching expertise
Knowledge, abilities and languages:
- Good communication abilities
- Good analytical abilities in political, socioeconomics and security areas
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural atmosphere
- Good stress administration abilities
- Self-supporting in computer systems [Microsoft Office, database, e-mail (Outlook) etc.]
- Valid driving license (mild autos)
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Knowledge of one other IFRC official language (French, or Arabic) is most well-liked
Competencies and values:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline twenty fifth November, 2020.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines