cbn naira 4 dollar scheme Send a dollar Get five Naira free: The Nigerian Central Bank has launched the “Naira 4 Dollar Scheme,” which rewards senders and recipients of international money transfers with naira.
The policy aims to increase dollar supply in the country at a time when the country is experiencing a foreign exchange shortage, forcing the central bank to devalue the naira more than once a year.
CBN naira 4 dollar scheme
ALSO READ : How Fani-Kayode Beat me During Pregnancy and Drugged Me- Ex-wife, Precious Chikwendu, tells Court
Recipients of diaspora remittances sent through the CBN’s International money transfer operators (IMTOs) will now be paid N5 for every $1 received in remittance inflow, according to the bank.
The bank made the announcement in a circular sent to all DMOs and IMTOs on March 5 and signed by A.S Jibrin, Director, Trade and Exchange Department.
ALSO READ : Tension as Herders Kill two Farmers in Ekiti
The scheme, according to the bank, is an incentive to keep the encouraging increase in diaspora remittances into Nigeria going.
The programme begins on March 8 and ends on May 8.
“In light of this, the CBN will pay remittance recipients a N5 incentive through commercial banks for every $1 sent by the sender and collected by the designated beneficiary. The incentive will be paid to recipients whether they prefer to collect the USD in cash at the bank or have it transferred to their domiciliary account, according to the memo.
Some Nigerians have questioned the move, claiming that it will exacerbate the naira’s depreciation.
“Isn’t this just printing more naira and devaluing it further against the dollar?” @gb3nga, a Twitter user, tweeted.
# CBN launches forex promo # Send a dollar Get five Naira free # cbn naira 4 dollar scheme
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
Latest Jobs in Nigeria
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at Edo State College of Agriculture for Academic and Non-Teaching Staff
- First Bank Recruitment 2021 for March / April (7 Positions)
- Massive Recruitment at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Bank Teller Job Hiring at Tribest Corporate Support Limited
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State