Senator Shehu Sani tackles Edo Deputy Gov, Shuaibu over alleged secession comments
Shehu Sani, a former senator from Kaduna Central, has criticised the threat of independence made by the Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shuaibu, in the event that power does not transfer to the south in 2023.
ALSO READ : Southeast leaders working against Nnamdi Kanu are dead already – Simon Ekpa Biafra Leader
Sani, who was responding to the purported remark on Wednesday, also said that threats and intimidation towards the North are counterproductive.
“Some Northern Governors, organisations, and respectable individuals have stated similar views on the necessity to rotate power; threatening secession will only alienate them and make them reconsider their position.
“Consultations and building bridges over the Niger are the way to go instead of threatening to break the country,” Sani remarked.
“But the threat of secession apparently attributed to Philip Shuaibu, the deputy Governor of Edo State, on account of the inability of power to rotate, stands condemned,” he added.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment