By Billy Egbe
Senator Ovie Omo-Agege’s 90 days suspension from the house of Senate, for expressing contrary views to the Senates deliberations…
Omo-Agege Suspension: Urhobo Youth Council (UYC) Gives Senate 14 days ultimatum
It is so sad that in 21st century Nigerian Politics, the senate can unilaterally suspend one of its own for having contrary views to what the senate determines.
Not even in Sudan or indeed elsewhere in the 3rd world, have we found such brazen dictatorship laced with Impunity…
To say the Senate’s conduct, in our nation’s nascent democracy, is despicable is an understatement, but rather tyranny would be a much more appropriate word.
We therefore call on all civil liberties organisations to take this matter as an urgent priority in all of its agenda otherwise, our nascent democracy would be tainted with tyranny, to say the least, and thus make us a laughing stock in civilised climes…
Consequently we urge all and sundry to please call on Senator Saraki’s senate to urgently reverse its decission without any furher delays as the distinguished Senator was given the mandate by his Urhobo constituents to represent them at the red chambers and must not short change the Urhobo nation of representation in the nations highest office of legislative business.
Senator Ovie Omo-Agege brought about key amendments to d new electoral act that would make rigging a heculean task..
Ovie also fought for Petroleum Training Institute in warri to become a federal university today
Ovie also fought for a law that makes harrassment of university female students by lecturers who sleep with female students a criminal matter and has also empowered many at d grassroots of Delta Central Senatorial district and much more…
Now, thats, just a thought, from a stream of many…
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited