The Senate Committee on Youth and Sports on Tuesday threatened to order the shutdown of Bet9ja workplace if the corporate failed to honour its invitation for a second time. The Chairman of the Committee, Sen. Obinna Ogba, made the comment on the National Assembly, Abuja throughout the verification of loto corporations with license to function in Nigeria.
Ogba (PDP Ebonyi Central) stated it was unlucky that Bet9ja refused to honour the committee’s invitation. “Clerk, write to Bet9ja again. If they did not honour our invitation, we will ask the National Lottery Commission to seal their offices,” he stated.
According to him, the Senate is making efforts aimed toward aiding the Lottery Commission to generate cash for the Federal Government. ”We need to see bet9ja. They can’t run away,” he stated. The chairman defined that the verification adopted collection of complaints towards the betting corporations, including that ”some don’t even have places of work whereas others haven’t been making remittances to the federal government.” ”Some obtained the licences however they don’t seem to be working. The new regulation solely give them one year to begin operations,” he famous. Meanwhile, about 20 different betting corporations appeared earlier than the committee for the verification train. (NAN)
Pay Attention To:
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc