The Senate Committee on Niger Delta yesterday rejected the 2020 capital budget of N23bn for the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs.
The committee cited non-completion of projects in the region.
The mittee’s chairman, Peter Nwaoboshi, who spoke when the Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, appeared to defend the 2020 budget of the ministry, said it was discovered during an oversight function that so many projects were abandoned across the nine Niger Delta states.
“I dare to say that there is no state or local government where there are no abandoned projects in the Niger Delta and we cannot continue like that.
PAY ATTENTION TO : 7 EFCC Operatives Arrested as Plot to smuggle Maina out of custody foiled
“With all the abandoned projects in the Niger Delta and we are talking about new projects; these new projects are designed to fail,” the senator declared.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited