Sahara Reporters have been given seven days to apologize after accusing the Senate President Ahmed Lawan of taking N3bn bribe.
Lawan, along with Sen. Mohammed Musa said the allegation is libellous, false and misleading.
Counsel to the Senate President, Ahmed Raji, (SAN), wrote a letter to the media firm on behalf of his client asking it to retract the report within seven days and tender an unreserved apology.
Mr Raji said that the publication was in respect of alleged false and misleading information on the reappointment of Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, as Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
The senior lawyer said that the offensive report was published by Sahara Reporters on Nov. 18 with the headline; “How INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, allegedly paid N3 billion to secure reappointment.”
He said that Sahara Reporters alleged that a group led by Lawan collected N2 billion from the INEC Chairman and another N1 billion through another group.
The payment of the money was allegedly aided by Sen. Musa.
The letter reads in part: ”Our clients deny in its entirety the contents of the above publication and innuendoes therein.
“Our clients further state that every allegation against them in the said publication is utterly false and defamatory to their persons and character,” Mr Raji Said.
He said that in view of the above declarations, his clients have demanded that Sahara Reporters retract the publication and tender an apology within seven days of receiving the letter.
He further said the media outfit was also to enter into negotiation for damages.
Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]