Report reaching Ejesgist is that the senate has declared vacant the seats of two deceased lawmakers.
They are SENATOR MUSTAPHA BUKAR of Katsina north senatorial district who died on April 4th 2018, and ALI WAKILI of Bauchi south senatorial district who died on march 17th 2018, However the seat of SENATOR JOSHUA DARIYE representing Plateau central Senatorial district was not declared vacant despite the fact that he has been sentenced to 14 years in prison by a federal high court for fraud .
The chairman of INEC PROFESSOR MAHMOOD YAKUBU said during a meeting with Resident Electoral Commissioners in Abuja on Wednesday that the house of representatives had also declared vacant the seat of the late UMAR JIBRIL of Lokoja / Kogi Federal constituency while Obudu 1 state constituency of Cross River state had also been declared vacant. YAKUBU said Bye elections would be conducted within the next 30 days.
Pay Attention To:
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021