Angry Mob On Saturday set fire on a truck belonging to Dangote Group for killing one motorcyclist and injuring three others.
Reports affirmed that, the incident happened around 8am on the old Ibadan Roundabout Road, Ago-Iwoye, in the Ijebu-North Local Government Area of Ogun State. The accident involved a Dangote truck and a motorcycle.
The Public Relations Officer of the Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the incident.
Akinbiyi said it occurred as a result of over speeding by the truck driver. He said the truck driver lost control and ran over a moving motorcycle, killing the rider and injuring three others.
PAY ATTENTION TO : Ex–Edo State House of Assembly Speaker Zakawanu Garuba dies at 54. His wife, Driver Kidnapped on Their Way to His Funeral
In a similar development, a middle-aged man was last year crushed to death by a truck at the Bashorun-Idi Ape junction, Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
Eyewitnesses at the scene said that the man, who was riding a motorcycle, popularly known as Okada, and whose identity is unknown, was heading towards Agodi Gate axis from Iwo road before he met his untimely death.
According to the eyewitnesses, the two motorcycle riders approaching the junction at top speed had collided behind a truck, which was also going enroute Bashorun from the Agodi Gate axis but had crushed the victim unknowingly as a result of the accident.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021