Abdulaziz Abdulaziz is the Premiumtimes journalist whose investigation led to Kemi Adeosun resignation as the Minister of Finance yesterday.
Abdulaziz worked with Leadership newspaper as the Regional editor before he joined Premiumtimes as an associate editor. Abdulaziz revealed that it took him six months to investigate ‘Adeosun’s Fake NYSC Certificate ‘
According to him, “Six-month-old investigation. 69 days after the major lead. Here we are!It’s not me. It’s @PremiumTimesng. It isn’t for me. It’s for ethical journalism. It’s for #Nigeria” He also noted that there are Senators who exploited Adeosun to fleece the Nation.
“Remember: There are guys at the National Assembly who exploited the #AdeosunGate to fleece the nation. There should be serious probe of that intricate scandal.”
Former Nigerian finance minister, Kemi Adeosun, who resigned her position on Friday on account of forging a certificate of national service risks jail term of up to 14 years.
A lawyer, Shuaibu Sule, listed five offences he said the minister is liable for.
The offences include forgery, possession of fake document, uttering, giving false information and skipping the national service.
They carry jail terms of between one to 14 years, according to the Penal Code Law and the National Youth Service (NYSC) Act.
Mrs Adeosun’s certificate scandal was first blown by PREMIUM TIMES in a July 7 story which detailed how the minister skipped the mandatory national service and forged an exemption certificate to cover for it.
The year-long service, organised by the NYSC is compulsory for all Nigerians who graduate from a university or equivalent institution at the age of 30 or below.
In addition to being a requirement for government and private sector jobs in Nigeria, the enabling law prescribes punishment for anyone who absconds from the scheme or forges its certificates.
Meanwhile, Mrs Kemi Adeosun has on Saturday left Nigeria to UK. Her associates who confirmed the story said she is mostly in the UK now.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]