The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, Hakeem Odumosu has ordered an in depth investigation into the death of Mutiu Agbosasa, the chartered accountant who was murdered in Ikorodu few months after returning to Nigeria from the United States where he lived for 45 years.
The deceased’s security guard identified as Rohis Adamu Dana, has been placed in custody for questioning after reporting the incident to Ijede Police Station.
44-year-old Adamu who disclosed that it did not occur to him to call neighbouring security guards for help, said he was sent to alert the police about the attack by his boss.
A statement released by Lagos Police spokesperson, Elkana Bala reads;
The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu psc has ordered an in depth investigation into the death of one Mutiu Agbosasa ‘m’ of Ginti Estate, Ijede, Ikorodu. On 15/12/2019 at about 2.30am one Rohis Adamu Dana ‘m’ a security man working with the said Mutiu Agbosasa reported at Ijede Police Station that his boss send him to call the Police. A team of Policemen led by the Divisional Police Officer rushed to the scene. Police found the corpse of the victim in his vehicle burnt beyond recognition.
The crime scene was cordoned off for forensic examination. Homicide detectives and forensic experts from the State Criminal Investigation Department were deployed to the scene for analysis. The corpse of the deceased person was evacuated to hospital for autopsy. The security guard who is 44 days old in the employment, was placed into custody for questioning.
In his statement, he stated that, on 14/12/2019 at about 10.30pm, he opened the gate for his boss to drive into the house and while closing the gate, four strange men entered the house through the pedestrian gate. That he heard his boss shouting that he should run and call the Police. That it did not occurred to him to call neighbouring security guards for help. Investigation is ongoing with a view to unravel the circumstances surrounding his death and to identify those behind the gruesome murder. Meanwhile, security is beefed up in the Estate.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)