Nigeria’s Super Eagles and Glasgow Rangers defender Leon Balogun remained doubtful for Scottish cup clash against rival Celtic FC, ejesgist.Com reports.
Balogun suffered a calf and achilles injury on Saturday in training and it forced him out of Sunday’s game against Hibs at Ibrox.
The Gers won the game 2-1 without the former Mainz 05 defender and extended their lead on the table.
Rangers will face Celtic in the cup game slated for next weekend and the newly crowned champion are not ready to back down in its quest for laurels.
While speaking ahead of the game, club head coach Steven Gerrard said untill the result of the scan is release they are not sure of Balogun’s availability.
” Leon is going to be out. He felt a calf/Achilles area yesterday morning and left the training session.
“Until we get the scan result we won’t be able to know the outcome of that. But he’s limping about, which tells you he has obviously little chance of making next weekend,” he said.
Balogun signed a contract extension with the club last week and is expected to be a key man for them both in the league and champions league.
Pay Attention To:
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited