Dozens of women in Adamawa State are currently being held by gunmen suspected to be herdsmen. The attackers have also overrun and burnt down Gon, Bolki and Nzomosu communities in the Numan Local Government Area of the state. Hon. Sodom Tayedi, the lawmaker representing Numan Constituency said that the marauding herdsmen were advancing towards other neighbouring communities.
She further explained that casualties could not be ascertained as locals scampered to safety in the bush. Tayedi lamented that the attackers were mobilizing from Abbare despite a large contingent of soldiers stationed there.
Abbare is the birthplace of Tukur Buratai, the Chief of Army Staff. “There are soldiers in Abbare, yet these attackers will always mobilise from that Abbare,” she lamented.
“There is never a time they’ll attack and I never called security agents as member representing the constituency.
Osun State begins payment of salary arrears, pensions
I just called the Brigade Commander again and he assured me that troops were on their way to the area.” She also noted that even if the soldiers get there, they may not be able to reach the affected villages due to heavy flooding.
Pay Attention To:
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company