Dozens of women in Adamawa State are currently being held by gunmen suspected to be herdsmen. The attackers have also overrun and burnt down Gon, Bolki and Nzomosu communities in the Numan Local Government Area of the state. Hon. Sodom Tayedi, the lawmaker representing Numan Constituency said that the marauding herdsmen were advancing towards other neighbouring communities.
She further explained that casualties could not be ascertained as locals scampered to safety in the bush. Tayedi lamented that the attackers were mobilizing from Abbare despite a large contingent of soldiers stationed there.
Abbare is the birthplace of Tukur Buratai, the Chief of Army Staff. “There are soldiers in Abbare, yet these attackers will always mobilise from that Abbare,” she lamented.
“There is never a time they’ll attack and I never called security agents as member representing the constituency.
Osun State begins payment of salary arrears, pensions
I just called the Brigade Commander again and he assured me that troops were on their way to the area.” She also noted that even if the soldiers get there, they may not be able to reach the affected villages due to heavy flooding.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International