Save the Children is the main impartial group for youngsters in want, with applications in over 120 nations, together with the United States. We intention to encourage breakthroughs in the manner the world treats youngsters, and to attain fast and lasting change of their lives by enhancing their well being, schooling and financial alternatives. In occasions of acute disaster, we mobilize fast help to assist youngsters recuperate from the results of struggle, battle and pure disasters. Each year, we and our companions attain thousands and thousands of youngsters in communities round the world. Join our devoted and numerous employees of their work to enhance the well-being of youngsters in all places.
We are recruiting to fill the positions under:
1. Job Title: Management Information System/Payment Coordinator
Job ref.: 190004MV
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Permanent
- The MIS/Payment Coordinator will present technical assist to the design, implementation and monitoring of money switch programme at State and LGA ranges in Yobe State.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide technical oversight to the planning, supply and monitoring of programme actions at the state and LGA ranges
- Establishment of an built-in MIS into the money program to make sure compliance with donor targets and methodology
- Ensure correct and well timed implementation, administration and capability constructing on MIS
- Document good observe from planning, implementation, monitoring and analysis of actions
- Represent Save the youngsters in related native boards and technical working teams the place needed.
- Ensure that the deliberate actions are carried out in a manner that’s well timed, cost-effective and adheres to high quality requirements
- Support planning of sensitization actions with goal communities and growth of key group mobilization messages
- Ensure focusing on and enrolment course of for beneficiaries is performed transparently and based on phased roll-out plans
- Ensure technical help to programme supply has been deliberate and factored into budgets
- Participate in related state and LGA stage boards for money transfers and social safety and assist advocacy efforts with state authorities
- Support the growth of coaching packages for employees and companions in the administration and supply of money transfers
- Support growth of capability constructing technique for state and LGAs in social safety
- Work with LGA groups to ascertain reporting processes to make sure that all data and knowledge on money switch interventions is collected, documented, and collated in an correct and well timed method
- Provide technical enter and overview to common month-to-month and quarterly state-level reports utilizing knowledge offered by LGA groups and guarantee cross-checking of information
- Compile case research and classes discovered reports frequently to share with the wider programme and inform enhancements in programme high quality and supply
- Support creation of a system for guaranteeing that data obtained can also be shared with communities, youngsters, and different stakeholders by means of a daily suggestions mechanism
- Ensure beneficiary accountability mechanism is logging and addressing complaints in a well timed vogue. Ensure programme managers are conscious of delays in performing on any complaints or data requests.
Qualification Experience & Skills
- First degree (BSc/BA/HND), ideally in a self-discipline comparable to Social Sciences, Geography, Anthropology or different disciplines related to Urban/Rural Livelihoods, IT, MIS or associated subject
- Fluency in Hausa/Kanuri languages
- Four years put up NYSC expertise.
- Substantial expertise of reduction or growth/extension work with rural communities.
- Demonstrated expertise planning and managing money switch and meals security programmes.
- Excellent working information of Microsoft Office and different programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Proven means to create administration data programs for giant quantities of information inside a posh program
- Knowledge and expertise in utilizing database particular software program
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical expertise
- Knowledge and expertise of undertaking growth, monitoring and analysis, ideally in the space of money transfers and/or meals security.
- Strong analytical expertise, and an understanding of a spread of strategies for monitoring, analysis and evaluation to advertise evidence-based studying
- Knowledge of Household Economy Approach to meals security and livelihoods evaluation.
- Skills associated to participatory analysis strategies, laptop literacy and numerical expertise.
- Understanding the non-partisan standing of a global NGO.
- Good communication, presentation, coaching and report writing expertise.
- Ability to take a proactive method in group capability constructing, both instantly or by means of the facilitation of appropriate assist.
- Experience in main a staff in fieldwork with communities.
- Willing to work in remoted rural areas with primary residing circumstances, and work in troublesome subject circumstances.
- Knowledge of Hausa language.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Experience in institutional strengthening of presidency and or native NGOs.
- Knowledge and expertise of Child Rights Programming approaches.
- An understanding of diet and behavior change communications actions
- Previous expertise in M&E, MIS of cash-based interventions (i.e. money for work, money transfers or money vouchers)
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making choices, managing assets effectively, attaining and function modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the staff and companions accountable to ship on their obligations – giving them the freedom to ship in the best manner they see match, offering the needed growth to enhance performance and making use of applicable penalties when outcomes should not achieved
- Sets bold and difficult objectives for themselves (and their staff), takes accountability for their very own private growth and encourages others to do the similar
- Widely shares their private imaginative and prescient for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains efficient relationships, with their staff, colleagues, members and exterior companions and supporters
- Values range, sees it as a source of aggressive energy
- Approachable, good listener, straightforward to speak to
- Develops and encourages new and progressive options
- Willing to take disciplined dangers
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest ranges of integrity
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
2. Job Title: Consultant – Assessment of Social Protection Knowledge and Attitudes in CDGP Focal States
Job ref.: 190004N0
Locations: Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara
Title of Consultancy: Assessment to Determine the Knowledge and Attitudes Relating to Social Protection Among Government Stakeholders, Civil Society Groups and the General Public in The Four CDGP Focal States (Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara)
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Oversight Lead: National Programme Manager CDGP
Length of Assignment: 27 Days for Lead Consultant and 13 Days for State Supervisors
Type of Consultancy: National
CHECK THIS JOB ALSO : Pickmeup International Company Job Recruitment –6 Positions
The Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) applied by Save the Children and Action Against Hunger is a UKAid funded “Cash Plus” programme aimed at tackling the excessive ranges of malnutrition in Nigeria, which undermine the survival and future growth of youngsters and gas the intergenerational switch of poverty.
Since 2014, the CDGP has been offering unconditional money transfers of three,500 NGN per thirty days (elevated to 4,00zero NGN from January 2017) to pregnant girls and girls with youngsters below the age of two years old in Zamfara and Jigawa states. The month-to-month money transfers have been accompanied by behavioural change communication on baby well being and diet (e.g. well being talks, cooking demonstrations, posters and radio jingles). The programme additionally supported proof technology on social safety and best practices and capability constructing of a number of stakeholders together with authorities, civil society and group leaders to boost the implementation of social safety programmes in the two states and at federal stage.
The programme is now in its second part and has moved from direct ship in direction of a give attention to supporting the Federal authorities and chosen state governments (Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, and Zamfara) to strengthen social safety programs, so as to contribute to a better protection of inclusive and accountable social safety. As effectively as serving to strengthen programs for social safety ship, the programme can also be working to extend consciousness and understanding of social safety, to strengthen demand of companies from the public, notably in the 4 undertaking states.
The final intention is to make sure the existence of an enabling surroundings, robust programs and enough capability for the scale up of social safety in the nation in addition to elevated public curiosity and information to stimulate entry to companies, thus contributing to the nation’s poverty discount efforts and enhancing the dignity of the poor and susceptible.
- The Government of Nigeria has rolled out government-led social safety throughout the 33 states of the federation, which features a poverty-targeted conditional money switch, faculty feeding programme, graduate empowerment scheme and job creation undertaking (N-POWER)
- The programme has been operating for 3 years. CDGP has been offering assist to the National Programme at federal stage by means of CDGP employees seconded to the National Social Safety Nets Coordination Office (NASSCO).
- However, regardless of this essential enhance in the provide of social safety on the a part of authorities, it stays unclear precisely what the ranges of understanding and consciousness are amongst politicians, civil society and the common public concerning social safety.
- It is in opposition to this backdrop, that it has turn out to be crucial to find out the common information of presidency stakeholders, civil society teams and communities members, who all play a significant function in each the provide of, and demand for, inclusive and accountable social safety in Nigeria.
- To decide the information and attitudes referring to social safety amongst authorities stakeholders, civil society teams and the common public in the 4 CDGP Focal States (Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara).
Specific Objectives are:
- Assess understanding of the primary definition and key ideas in social safety;
- Assess consciousness of particular authorities social safety programmes in addition to the CDGP;
- Assess experiences of accessing advantages of social safety programmes, together with money transfers
- Identify attitudes in direction of totally different kinds and design options of social safety programmes.
Responsibilities of the Consultant
- The Lead Consultant will interact Four state Supervisors to steer and work in every state of Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara, whereas the Lead Consultant will work round the Four states
- To develop and submit inception report (Protocol) which is able to embody an interpretation of the research design & methodologies, sampling procedures, detailed work plan and monetary proposal.
- Work with the CDGP Staff to develop and finalize applicable knowledge assortment instruments for gathering data by use of CAPI (KOBO knowledge package)
- Develop and translate knowledge assortment instrument to the native language (Hausa Languages as recognized needed) for coaching functions and for the group interviewers
- Present the Methodology to the CDGP MEAL Coordinator and Head of MEAL at the Save the Children Country workplace, this consists of willpower of reasonable pattern dimension for the evaluation
- Hold preliminary discussions with National Programme Manager, M&E Coordinator and Social Protection Specialist on the CDGP programme overview and the purpose for the evaluation
- Conduct Knowledge and Attitudes survey: Train knowledge enumerators and supervisors in 2 Batches (1st Batch Kaduna and Zamfara, 2nd Batch Kano and Jigawa), conduct subject knowledge assortment; Key informant interviews, and so forth.; and guarantee the high quality of information
- Undertake consultations with key stakeholders for related data
- Process and analyze the knowledge.
- Present preliminary findings to the CDGP technical employees
- Write and submit a draft report of the survey findings (per required format) to SCI for comments and suggestions.
- Revise and submit an digital copy of the uncooked knowledge and last report together with suggestions inside the agreed timeframe.
- Providing consultant with needed documentations for desk overview
- Provide Logistics for coaching and subject work (This consists of Flight journey and Road transport the place needed)
- Linking the consultant to related stakeholders whereas in Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa and Zamfara
- Identify and have interaction interviewer’s/knowledge collectors in every state, with assist of the state groups
- Accommodation shall be offered by SCI throughout the interval of consultancy for the lead consultant and Four state supervisors
- To collect knowledge that can assist decide information and attitudes referring to social safety, the research will contain finishing up a survey to gather responses from politicians, civil servants, staff of civil society teams and members of the common public round the above matters
- The survey shall be performed concurrently in the 4 CDGP supported states (Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa and Zamfara)
- After session with the Save the Children staff, a small variety of qualitative key informant interviews may be collected to assist clarify a few of the outcomes from the survey and go into better depth on sure associated questions.
Note: This consultancy entails travelling to the 4 focal states (Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara, so the Lead consultant is anticipated to have it in thoughts that the engagement would require transferring round).
Skills & Experience (Lead Consultant)
- The lead Consultant should be educated at least to Master’s stage in a Social Science, Research Methods or associated matter and have 5 years of labor expertise.
- Minimum of 5 years working expertise in analysis, to incorporate assortment (and overseeing assortment of) family survey knowledge (ideally in relation to public attitudes and inside the context of Northern Nigeria). Experience in Northwest Nigeria context is fascinating.
- Strong analytical expertise and analysis expertise, with strong information of quantitative and qualitative analysis methodologies.
- Proven management and coordination expertise.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint, digital knowledge gathering units. Excellent writing and doc presentation expertise.
- Demonstrated means to satisfy deadlines.
- An excellent grounding in the matter of social safety and newest developments in Nigeria is essential.
- Fluency in English is crucial. Knowledge of native language is an added benefit.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
All expressions of curiosity should embody:
- Cover Letter: A brief (most one web page) letter addressing the survey standards
- Technical Proposal (most Four pages) highlighting: transient clarification about earlier expertise in conducting KAP survey; understanding of the TOR, description of the specified Survey methodology and the job to be completed in addition to draft survey framework and work plan, Budget for Supervisor and travels
- Detailed CV (most Four pages) for Lead Consultant
- Detailed CV for 4 State Supervisors who should be resident of the Four CDGP States of Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Zamfara.
- A monetary proposal (in NGN) offering price estimates for companies rendered together with each day consultancy charges for Lead Consultant and the State Supervisors
- Copies of related earlier analysis reports (to be stored confidential).
- Women are strongly inspired to use.
- We have to hold youngsters secure so our choice course of, which incorporates rigorous background checks, displays our dedication to the safety of youngsters from abuse.
- All representatives are anticipated to hold out their duties in accordance with our world anti-harassment coverage.
- Save the Children doesn’t cost a payment at any stage of the recruitment course of.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]