The Nigeria President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, Senator Dino Melaye and Senator Ben Murray-Bruce have dragged the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to court.
Ejesgist News gathered that the move was over their invitation by the Nigeria Police. The lawmakers were among the three leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party who led a protest march to the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Force Headquarters in Abuja on Friday to protest against the outcome of the Osun State governorship election.
The police had invited only Melaye and Murray-Bruce to appear before the Federal Capital Territory Command over alleged assaults on its men and destruction of its property.
The lawmakers, however, failed to answer the invitation. Instead, they are praying the court to, among others, direct the defendants to “jointly and severally pay the applicants the sum of N500m only, same being the pecuniary and exemplary damages arising from the humiliation, intimidation, harassment and unlawful attempt to arrest the applicants by the agents of the second respondent (Commissioner of Police).” with a suit, Number FHC/ABJ/03/095/2018, was filed by Mahmud Abubakar Magaji, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, on behalf of the lawmakers.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]