Ejesgist Media learnt the murder suspects recently arrested by the Kwara State Police Command in Ilorin last week and transported to Abuja, named the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Kwara State governor, Abdulfattah Ahmed, as their sponsors.
This was contained in the confessional statement made by the suspects, according to SaharaReporters.
The suspects reportedly confessed to have been on the payroll of the Kwara State government and Mandate Office of Saraki.
One of the suspects and leader of the killer squad, who is the son of Salihu Woru, the spokesman of Magajis in Ilorin Emirate, told the police that he was placed on salary Grade Level 16, while his colleagues are on Levels 10 to 15.
The suspects also said that they were being paid from the Office of the Senate President, who allegedly gave them Toyota Corolla cars a few months ago as a way of securing the loyalty ahead of the 2019 elections.
The suspects, in their statement, reportedly said those marked on their list for execution before the election are: Kayode Oyin, Yinka Aluko, Baba Rex, one Mustapha and one Ogunlowo.
A Police source told the online platform that bank statements retrieved from the suspects indicated that they received money on a monthly basis from Saraki and the Kwara State government.
According to the report, the Senate President and Ahmed may soon be invited by the Police.
Recall Ejesgist Media published that Saraki cries out over plot by IGP
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal