One dies as fire razes Santana market

0

Goods value tens of millions have been razed on the common Santana Market alongside Sapele street in Ikpoba-Okha native authorities space,

The Nation reports that Fire fighters had been mentioned to have watched helplessly after they didn’t put out the inferno.

Some witnesses mentioned the fire outbreak was attributable to energy surge.

On Sunday morning, a few of the affected merchants, who weren’t conscious of the incident, collapsed after they noticed their wares destroyed.

Mrs. Cecilia Awala, who mentioned she has been promoting within the market for the previous 20 years, mentioned it was the primary time she skilled fire incident within the market.

“I used to be advised the fire began round 9 pm and as at the moment we’ve got closed from the market.

“I obtained a name that the market was on fire and earlier than I get right here every part was gone together with my baby’s retailer.

‘All his items and the cash he left within the retailer, every part is gone.

“My fish, everything I have in my shop is gone, as I stand here I have nothing at home to eat I mean nothing at all,” she mentioned.

Awala mentioned there was no energy provide earlier than she left market.

“We understand that power was restored later in the night so we are suspecting that the fire might have been caused by power surge.”

Another dealer, Mrs. Ese Peter, mentioned she simply purchased recent provided for her retailer on Friday.

“I don’t even see a pin to convey out of the fire, every part in my store was decreased to rubles.

“I’ve been on this market for over twelve years and this type of factor has by no means occurred.

“My good friend referred to as me round 2 am and earlier than I received right here every part is gone in my two outlets.

“I lost everything, I just stocked my store this last Friday with over one million naira now there is nothing left.”

Read Also:  $9.6b Judgment: FG seeks INTERPOL action against P&ID directors

A dealer was mentioned to have collapsed and died upon seeing that the entire outlets together with his items received burnt.

His id couldn’t be confirmed as at press time.

Mrs. Eukaria Ezeribe, who sells clothes supplies and households gadgets such as ceramic, cooking utensils mentioned her store was burnt to ashes.

Chairman of Ikpoba-Okha native authorities council, Dr. Eric Osayande was on floor to entry the extent of harm.

Osayande, who addressed a few of the victims, assured them that authorities would examine the reason for the fire incident which he mentioned is the primary time because the historical past of the market with a view stopping a reoccurrence.

He promised that the native authorities would cry out to the state authorities as a result of the extent of harm just isn’t one thing the council can resolve alone.

LATEST POST

LIKE OUR PAGES TO GET LATEST UPDATES

7,251FansLike
600,234FollowersFollow
337FollowersFollow

Covid-19-support Loan , cbn loan


For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com


NOTE :  No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers


The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]

LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA

TYPE HERE TO QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS & NEWS


Click Here To Get Latest Jobs In Your Inbox Everyday

7 HOT NIGERIAN JOBS RECOMMEND FOR YOU

TOP TRENDING POST

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.