Former Governor of Imo state, Rochas Anayo Okorocha has raised alarm over an alleged plot by Hope Uzodinma, the current state governor, to humiliate him and his family.
Okorocha’s media aide, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, in a statement issued yesterday, said that Uzodinma’s ongoing probe of Okorocha’s administration was targeted at humiliating him.
Onwuemeodo disclosed that reports that a court declined Okorocha’s request to stop his probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) were untrue.
The statement reads in part, “Quickly, we want to state that the court presided over by Justice Ahmed Mohammed did not decline or refused to stop the probe of Senator Rochas Okorocha by EFCC and the Imo State Government.”
“If that report was true, the court would not have again adjourned to Tuesday, July 14, 2020, when the court would decide on the orders sought by Okorocha”
“The most exciting thing that happened in the court on Wednesday, July 8, 2020, was that the judge extracted oral undertaking from the lawyer that represented the Attorney-General of the State, Mr Joseph Matthew, that the panel would not sit again during the pendency of the matter.”
PAY ATTENTION TO : VIDEO: Kaduna State Lawmakers Exchange Blows As Deputy Speaker Impeached
Okorocha is a facing an investigation over allegations of massive fraud and embezzlement during his tenure as governor.
Nigerian Woman Shares terrifying photos showing injuries inflicted on her sister by her husband as she calls for justice (photos)
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative